Your source for local arts news.
Lazy Fairy Improv has not received any gifts yet
The Lazy Fairy Improv Troupe performs professionally at local venues throughout the year and is also available for special events and private parties, where every show is customizable and all ideas are welcome to suit your needs. Lazy Fairy conducts Team Building workshops from corporations to small businesses. And they are making a name for themselves around town with Laughing Lunches, where the troupe surprises unsuspecting employees with improv scenes and laughter to keep up morale and raise the bottom line with a positive, happy attitude in the time that it takes to eat a ham sandwich.
The Sarasota-based troupe was birthed in 2008 and performs a two-act, completely improvised show made up of short and long form improv scenes. Their goal is to make you forget your worries while you enjoy a good hard belly laugh. Comprised of seasoned actors and a piano accompanist with over 50 years of improv performance between them, Lazy Fairy Improv Troupe is dedicated to your laughter.
What they are saying:
• "The Players Theatre is thrilled to host the "Lazy Fairy Troupe." We have received numerous patron feedback regarding how good your guys are. I personally will not miss a performance since I think the troupe is the funniest thing I have every seen! I highly recommend other organizations and even individuals to book you for events including parties, weddings, birthdays, and even funerals! It is my pleasure to host “Lazy Fairy Improv” at The Players Theatre! ~ Michelle Bianchi Pingel, Managing Director - The Players Theatre
• "Congrats on a great show – my husband went and said he laughed so much his face hurt!" ~ Pam Karasy
• "It was great! We'll be back for more!" ~ Jimmy Dean
Bios: (photos by encompasscreative.net - visit the blog!)
Christine Alexander: Christine Alexander is an improv actor, a comedienne, producer and co-owner of the popular arts and entertainment newsletter, AnythingArts.com. She is well known not only for making other people laugh, but also for her own enthusiastic laughing... or sea-lion imitation, depending on your opinion.
Bobby Brader: Discovering he had no game w/ the ladies at the halfway mark of his high school career, out of desperation Bobby taught himself to play the piano. After tickling the ivories for just over a year, he first attempted Stage Improv in an acting course his senior year at Sarasota High School. Just before graduating, he performed in Clue, the musical as The Piano Player. He took his first piano lesson when he was 18 as a college freshman. After he learned how to sing, he did a lot of acting with FSU Theatre, performing in main stage shows such as Sweeney Todd, As You Like It, and The Rocky Horror Show. Other former stage credits include Caiaphas in Jesus Christ Superstar, Sidney in London Suite, and Ren in Footloose. He is a 2008 graduate of Florida State University, where he studied Piano and Music Composition, obtaining a Bachelor of the Arts degree in Music. He is happy to be recently involved with Lazy Fairy as their pianist!
Catey Brannan: Catey, is happy to be a Lazy Fairy. Catey has performed improv and sketch comedy for 40 years. Before moving to Sarasota 2 years ago, Catey performed sketch and improv comedy in Denver Colorado with the Bovine Metropolis Theater, Mile Hi-larity improv troupe and 3 Queers and a Breeder sketch comedy troupe. Last spring she was cast in series of plays at Florida Studio Theater, called Under Six Too where she played a hippo and three (different) dogs. This stretched her acting abilities since she has never owned or mated with a dog. She has a theater degree from the University of Minnesota, at Morris and did graduate study in the LeCoq actor created physical theater method through Naropa University/London International School of Performing Arts. She is currently a Licensed Massage Therapist with a private practice in Sarasota. In her free time, Catey enjoys playing lazy tennis with opponents she can beat (like Tim Beasly!) She smells like Patchouli.
Darryl Knapp: Darryl is currently also a performing member of Florida Studio Theatre in Sarasota, Dear Aunt Gertrude in Tampa and Improv Addicts in Lakeland. See improv all over the state! Improv is Darryl’s drug don’t take it away from him. Soon to be on an upcoming episode of Intervention check local listings. He is happy to be performing with Lazy Fairy. You’ve got something on your shoe, no the other one.
Joey Panek: Joey thought he ended a 13-year professional stage career last year when he took a job in Social Media Marketing, but he’s found that “show biz” just won’t die! Joey spends his days at the HuB where his projects have transformed him into the Sarasota Elf and the Art Whisperer. Joey also teaches a dance fitness class and is studying to be a Ninja.
What they are saying:
"Congrats on a great show – my husband went and said he laughed so much his face hurt!" ~ Pam Karasy
"It was great! We'll be back for more!" ~ Jimmy Dean
• July 23, 2008 at The Players - Lazy Fairy Improv Troupe presents, The Pinter - Read Sarasota Critic
• July 13, 2008 - Talk of the Suncoast on the air with Cliff Roles - Listen to the show by clicking here.
• July 1, 2008 "Selling Real Estate with Humor" Hosted by Lynn McDonald - See the press! and more press! What Lynn had to say: "Fantastic! Our guests are still a Buzz... Our event was a huge success and we owe it all to the amazing talent of the cast of the improv team. I would without hesitation recommend and rebook your cast." ~ Lynn McDonald
• April 25, 2008 "The Living Room" Hosted by Home Resource
May 21, 2009 - ABC 7's Linda Carson interviews Chris Friday & Christine Alexander THANK YOU LINDA & ABC!!
September's Hot List issue of SRQ Magazine
September 4, 2008 issue of The Observer - interview with Christine
Read Jay Handelman's Review here!
This is the last show of the year at the Player's so we'd love to see you there.
During the first act, Lazy Fairy will play short games, (these are usually fast paced and funny) and in the second act a montage of scenes based on an audience member's story will be performed. The second…